Rack Has Your Back
South Florida Generator Maintenance
Many of us get a generator installed and that’s the last time we pay attention to it. But when a generator isn’t taken care of through regular maintenance and service, it ends up working inefficiently or not working at all.
Rack Electric’s technicians are efficient in performing generator maintenance in South Florida on many different types of generators. We ensure that your home or business in South Florida will have reliable power that keeps the lights on during a power outage.
Why Choose Rack
Benefits of Maintaining Your Generator in South Florida
South Florida generator maintenance offers several benefits, especially in an an area prone to severe weather events and power outages. Here are some advantages of maintaining your standby generator or a regular basis:
- Reliable Backup Power: Ensures uninterrupted power during weather-related outages
- Convenience, Comfort & Peace of Mind: Preserves indoor comfort and essential appliances during outages
- Extended Lifespan: Protects your generator investment and prevents premature replacements
- Optimal Performance: Ensures efficient and consistent power supply
- Safety: Identifies and addresses safety issues
- Cost Savings: Prevents costly emergency repairs
- Electronics Protection: Safeguards sensitive electronics
- Food Preservation: Prevents food spoilage during outages
- Medical Equipment: Critical for those dependent on medical devices
- Warranty Compliance: Preserves generator warranties
- Emergency Preparedness: Vital for safety and comfort during emergencies and provides confidence during hurricane season
Our South Florida Generator Maintenance Service
Part of generator maintenance in South Florida is running the fuel source through the generator to clean out any blockages. Gasoline generators will also have a fuel filter installed, which you should inspect for blockages at least once every month.
Lubrication is also recommended, as well as cleaning out the air filters regularly. The oil level must be checked and topped off periodically. In cleaning, you should also check the belts to make sure they are in good condition. Generators that are used often will need to have belts replaced more frequently.
What's Included in a Generator Inspection
At Rack Electric, our home generator maintenance service in South Florida also includes checking the:
- Air System
- Coolant System
- Fuel System & Level Check
- Lubrication System
- Starting System
- Transfer Switch
- Filter Inspections
- Oil Changes
- Belt Inspections
- Battery Checks
- Part Replacement
- Remote Monitoring
Unveiling the Magic: How Our Generator Maintenance Team is Different
After every job, discover how our skilled generator maintenance team breathes life back into your home, ensuring you stay cozy and comfortable all year round. We’ll break down the process so you’ll know what we’ve done to enhance your home’s comfort.
DIY Generator Maintenance Tips
While we recommend calling in a professional for your routine generator maintenance in South Florida, there are some things you can do yourself to keep your generator in tip-top shape.
Start by running a brief self-test once a week. This will ensure your home generator is working correctly before the hurricane season begins and verify that the unit has no alarms or warnings to worry about. Also be sure to:
- Keep the area around the generator clean
- Check the oil every month and add more if necessary
- Inspect the air filter and replace it if the filter is clogged or dirty
- Check that the battery terminals are clean and tight
Why Choose Us for Your South Florida Generator Maintenance
At Rack Electric, we are proud to be your go-to South Florida generator maintenance experts. People love us because we:
- Offer upfront pricing, financing options & guarantees
- Are family-owned and operated
- Use industry-leading equipment & technology
- Are a premier Generac dealer & a state-certified contractor
- Are available 24/7 for emergencies
- Offer turn-key, ready-to-go services
- Have your back, no matter what!
South Florida Generator Maintenance FAQ
South Florida Generator Maintenance FAQ
Trusted South Florida Generator Maintenance
A home generator is not only beneficial during Hurricane Season. A power outage can occur suddenly and during the most inopportune times, leaving your home in the dark for an uncertain amount of time. That is why you should always be prepared. Keep your investment protected and powered with the best generator maintenance in South Florida; call Rack Electric today or contact us online!Book Online Book Online